Be the generation that transforms our community and builds relationships with other Young Professionals.
The Making It Better Young Professionals (MIBYP) group is a diverse group of individuals empowering our communities through the power of literacy. Through volunteer activities, community service and professional development, our network of young professionals will work to improve literacy rates for under-served elementary students in Houston.
Join our growing network of young professionals who impact the communities in which we work and live. Our multi-faceted, growing membership is comprised of young professionals ages 21-39 who represent various industries and professions throughout Houston. Whether you can volunteer for a one-time event or a weekly opportunity, your commitment will make a difference.
Members of MIBYP must meet the following requirements:
- Be a young professional (age 21-39).
- Pay Annual Membership dues in the amount of $50.
- Volunteer at least one time during the 2017-18 school year.
- Leadership opportunities
- Community service opportunities
- Professional development opportunities
- Award Recognition
- Opportunity to earn LinkedIn recommendations and/or letter of reference
- Invitations to Making It Better sponsored events
- Making It Better Newsletter
To become a member, please see the membership application by clicking here.
To pay your dues online, please click here.
For more information, contact Ashley Danna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, March 24, 2018, 10:00-12:00 pm – Service Project at Belmont Place Apartments (10500 Valley Forge Drive Apt #197, Houston, TX 77042)
- May 2018, specific date & location TBD – End of School Year Happy Hour Celebration
- August 2018 – specific date & location TBD – New School Year Kick-Off Happy Hour
- September 29, 2018 – 2nd Annual Mixers with Magnums Fundraising Gala at St. Regis Hotel (Galleria Area)